- The cryptocurrency trades down 2.8%, or almost $26, at $880 a coin as of 11:05 a.m. ET.
- Bitcoin raced above $915 late Tuesday night but struggle to take out resistance in the $880/$920 area.
- It raced to a gain of more than 20% in the opening days of 2017 before rumblings that China was going to crackdown on trading began to surface.
- Then, nearly a week later, China announced it had begun investigating bitcoin exchanges in Beijing and Shanghai on suspicion of market manipulation, money laundering, unauthorized financing, and other issues.
- When the dust settled bitcoin had lost 35% of its value in a handful of days.
Bitcoin has recouped a good portion of its early losses. The cryptocurrency trades down 2.8%, or…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is fighting back”
- Bring on Bitcoin: why Richard Branson and Bill Gates support the currency
- Blockchain also recently introduced an iOS mobile application for its wallets, after Apple Inc. relaxed its policies on apps that handle the virtual currency.
- Blockchain Ltd., which runs the world’s most popular wallet for storing bitcoins, raised more than $30m in its first outside round of funding.
- Blockchain, which has more than 2.3m consumer wallets, will use the funds to expand internationally and add features.
- Lightspeed Venture Partners, Wicklow Capital and Richard Branson were among the investors, the London-based company said in a statement today.
Blockchain President Peter Smith discusses the company’s business model and
the security concerns surrounding Bitcoin
Continue reading “Video: Bring on Bitcoin: why Richard Branson and Bill Gates support the currency”
- China’s largest bitcoin exchanges recently announced they would charge a flat fee of 0.2% on all transactions.
- Pogue’s Basics: How to end a call on your iPhone Sponsored Yahoo Finance
- Bitcoin is tanking after Chinese exchanges block withdrawals
- Reuters/Mark Blinch) Bitcoin was down by 9.6%, or $102, at $959 a coin as of 9:30 a.m. ET on Thursday after at least two of China’s biggest bitcoin exchanges announced they were blocking customers from withdrawing their bitcoins.
- The announcements followed Wednesday’s meeting between the People’s Bank of China and the bitcoin exchanges.
Bitcoin was down by 9.6%, or $102, at $959 a coin as of 9:30 a.m. ET on Thursday after at least…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is tanking after Chinese exchanges block withdrawals”
- Inside Snapchat’s complex & costly relationship with Google Sponsored Yahoo Finance
- Bitcoin has had a wild start to 2017 after gaining 120% in 2016.
- Bitcoin has recently shrugged off an announcement made by China’s three largest bitcoin exchanges that they were going to begin charging a flat fee of 0.2% per transaction.
- JPMorgan’s Glassman: U.S. Sees Potential of China Growth Sponsored Bloomberg Video
- China’s hunger for bitcoin has been well documented with nearly 100% of bitcoin’s volume coming from the country.
Bitcoin is zooming higher on Tuesday, up 1.6% at $1,055 per coin as 7:03 a.m. ET. Tuesday’s bid…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is zooming higher”
- Bitcoin is rallying for an 8th straight day
- The gains ran bitcoin above the $1,000 level for the first time since November 2013.
- The current winning streak has tacked on nearly 15% and has bitcoin taking a run at the January high near $1,161.
- Bitcoin is on track for an eighth straight day of gains as it trades higher by 1.4% at $1,026 per coin as of 7:28 a.m. ET.
- What the Trump Era Means for Financial Markets Sponsored WSJ Live
Bitcoin is on track for an eighth straight day of gains as it trades higher by 1.4% at…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is rallying for an 8th straight day”
- National Iranian Oil Company head Ali Kardor said the deadline for bids had been pushed back to February 15, ISNA news agency reported Saturday.
- The claim that Google is terminating its famous launcher comes from a leaked email to Android device manufacturers that was obtained by Android Police on Friday.
- Donald Trump will attend a G7 summit in Italy this May, the White House said, in what could be his first visit to the continent as US president.
- According to BGR, Google is removing the Google Now launcher from the Play Store on March 1.
- Iranian baby caught in Trump travel ban headed to US for surgery
Bitcoin is little changed at $924 a coin as of 7:26 a.m. ET. Monday’s flat session comes despite…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is shrugging off some big news of out of China”
- The hoverbike will carry supplies to soldiers on the battlefield Sponsored Yahoo Finance
- Bitcoin has gotten off to a wild start in 2017.
- Bitcoin holds little changed near $891 a coin as of 7:02 a.m. ET.
- NOW WATCH: ‘s how to use one of the many apps to buy and trade bitcoin
- While the rules were aimed at outbound investments by centrally-controlled state firms, it is still notable that bitcoin has so far been spared.
Bitcoin holds little changed near $891 a coin as of 7:02 a.m. ET. The cryptocurrency is…
Continue reading “Bitcoin is having trouble getting through $900”