- These photographs of women and girls all over the world illustrate each of the 17 SDGs .
- The goal must include girls and women as they are often responsible for collecting firewood for example, which contributes to deforestation.
- A young girl from Niger carries animal dung on her head to sell at a local market, illustrating goal 7 – affordable and clean energy.
- UN women’s voices against violence training in western India illustrating goal 10 – reduced inequalities.
- A midwife examines a heavily pregnant woman in Myanmar’s Chin State, illustrating goal 3 – good health and wellbeing.
Read the full article, click here.
@TweetFromHilary: “Sustainable development starts with women & girls. v @guardian
‘If you don’t know where to start with the SDGs, start with women and girls everything else will fall into place’
A girl’s view of the 17 sustainable development goals