- “If I’m just walking in my crutches, I’ll crutch, swinging my good leg, but if I’m racing, I’ll do a sequence of ‘crutch, leg and extra hop,'” she said. “
- The same holds true for the record for the most marathons on crutches (six).
- When Nolting raced a half-marathon in Nevada in May, spending 3 hours 32 minutes 13 seconds on crutches to traverse 13.1 miles, she beat 43 people who were running on both feet.
- Maggie Nolting finished the Revel Mount Charleston Half Marathon in 3 hours 32 minutes 13 seconds on crutches, with a broken foot.
- Racers using crutches complain about gear they consider woefully old-fashioned.
Read the full article, click here.
@Million_Bitcoin: “She “ran” a half-marathon on crutches, and still beat 43 people …”
Maggie Nolting broke her left foot training for a half-marathon and decided to run it on crutches, entering a crowded — and sometimes brutal — field of competition.
Running With Two Extra Legs, and Twice the Effort