- Mr Koch, 29, said he only remembered about his investment after reading reports of the currency’s rising value.
- Media caption Kristoffer Koch told the BBC’s Roger Hearing he ”more or less forgot” about his investment in Bitcoins
- A $22 (Â£14) investment in the virtual currency Bitcoin four years ago has brought a Norwegian man an unexpected windfall of about $850,000.
- Mr Koch said that he had suddenly realised that his 5,000 Bitcoins were worth about $850,000.
- Bitcoins are stored in encrypted wallets, and Mr Koch admitted that it took him some time to remember the password to unlock the safe.
Read the full article, click here.
@zarkoh: “reminder of the lucky norwegian dude who got himself an apartment by investing 22 usd in #bitcoin #btc.”
A $22 investment in the virtual currency Bitcoin four years ago brings a Norwegian man an unexpected windfall of nearly about $850,000.
$22 Bitcoin investment brings Norwegian man fortune