- “For us it is totally unacceptable that child labour is present in our supply chain and we will act .
- Child labour is prohibited by our sustainability standards and is not tolerated by the Volkswagen Group … Our paint suppliers have assured our ad hoc team that they are compliant with our sustainability standards.
- In accordance with our guidelines, we have asked these two suppliers to respond to these allegations … The BMW Group does not tolerate child labour in its supply chain.
- In 2014, the cosmetics industry came under fire for child labour in its mica supply chains, but mica is also widely used by other global industries.
- The Guardian has traced mica from three mines in Tisri subdistrict to three Indian exporters: Mohan Mica, Pravin and Mount Hill.
Read the full article, click here.
@C1aranMurray: “Provenance on the #blockchain. Let’s put an end to this shit.”
Paint used by car makers including Vauxhall, BMW, Volkswagen and Audi linked to illegal mines in India reliant on child labour and debt bondage
Vauxhall and BMW among car firms linked to child labour over glittery mica paint