- “Where everybody’s really excited to see soft robots come in is right at the human-robot interface,” Mr Truby told BBC News.
- our first embodiment of an entirely soft robot, it needed to have the form of an octopus.”
- It’s made in a way that other people can look at and say, we could use these technologies ourselves – we can make ones that have better fuel systems, or have better control systems, or a more sophisticated body.
- The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites
- Image copyright R Truby/M Wehner/L Sanders/Harvard University Image caption The octobot: More of a tribute than a replica
Read the full article, click here.
@HektorTuring: “Pneumatic octopus is a first for soft robotics – BBC News”
Engineers in the US have built the first self-contained, entirely soft robot – in the shape of a 7cm octopus.
Pneumatic octopus is first soft, solo robot