- The Internal Revenue Service has opined that digital currencies such as bitcoin are taxed as “property.”
- Since 2014 we’ve seen a serious and significant shift among government officials and within the bitcoin/blockchain community.
- With an available supply of more than 15.5 million bitcoins, the digital currency now has a market capitalization of nearly US$7 billion, according an estimate by market-data site CoinCap.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission have approved certain bitcoin/blockchain-related activities under their jurisdictions.
- Current CFTC Commissioner Chris Giancarlo recently (and rightly) called for such protection for digital currency.
Read the full article, click here.
@PolicyDr: “Obama needs to make a move on bitcoin now—Bart Chilton—commentary”
Europe is way ahead of the US when it comes to bitcoin, says former CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton. Obama needs to step up.
Obama needs to make a move on bitcoin now—Bart Chilton—commentary