- “We cannot allow that to happen,” the governor said , adding that, “If you boycott against Israel, New York will boycott you.
- N.Y. / Region | Cuomo to Halt State Business With Groups That Back Boycott of Israel
- Alphonso David, the counsel to the governor, said that the executive order was specifically aimed at the B.D.S. movement launched in 2005, but that it would apply to any boycott targeting Israel.
- Mr. Cuomo’s signed the executive order just before he marched in the Celebrate Israel parade in New York.
- Several states have moved to support Israel and prevent their governments and agencies from doing business with companies or individuals that endorse the boycotts.
Read the full article, click here.
@theIMEU: “NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo issues anti-BDS executive order, then joins Celebrate Israel parade”
The executive order, which will apply to agencies in the New York governor’s administration, is meant to show support for Israel amid a Palestinian-backed economic campaign.
Cuomo to Halt State Business With Groups That Back Boycott of Israel