- New York approves Ripple Lab’s application for bitcoin license
- Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the Yahoo!
- Last year, New York became the first U.S. state to issue extensive rules for virtual currency companies.
- The guidelines, aimed at consumer protection and prevention of money laundering, require companies to obtain what is known in the state as a “BitLicense.”
- Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI) .
Read the full article, click here.
@bitcoinagile: “New York approves Ripple Lab’s application for #bitcoin license”
‘New York approves Ripple Lab’s application for bitcoin license’ on Yahoo Finance UK. New York state’s financial regulator on Monday approved a license for bitcoin company Ripple Labs Inc, allowing it to offer digital currency services in the state. The New York State Department of Financial Services said the company had cleared a review of anti-money laundering, capitalization, consumer protection, and cyber-security standards. “DFS is pleased to continue to foster the growth of the New York virtual currency marketplace,” Acting Department of Financial Services Superintendent Maria T. Vullo said in a statement.
New York approves Ripple Lab’s application for bitcoin license