- The teenage gunman who killed nine people in Munich on Friday had been planning his attack for a year, German authorities say.
- The state government officials told a news conference that the victims of the attack had not been specifically targeted and were not classmates of the gunman.
- David Ali Sonboly, 18, who had a Glock pistol and more than 300 bullets, killed himself after the attack.
- Image caption David Ali Sonboly was born in Munich, to Iranian parents
- A day earlier, officials had raised the possibility of a link to Breivik, whose own attack was carried out five years earlier to the day.
Read the full article, click here.
@PadraigMcGowan: “#Munich:Gunman planned attack ‘for year’,prob bought weapon via the #DarkWeb…Wonder how it was paid for?#Bitcoin? ?”
The gunman who killed nine in Munich had planned his attack for a year and appeared to have bought his gun on the “dark net”, German officials say.
Munich shooting: David Sonboly ‘planned attack for year’