- More than six months later, Kardashian has since returned to the spotlight with a bit of distance from the event that’s allowed her some reflection ― and, apparently, laughs.
- For the first time since the robbery, Kardashian sat down for an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, who’s been a friend to the famous family over the years, hosting everyone from Kendall and Kylie to Caitlyn Jenner on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
- An emotional Kardashian recounted the incident on an episode airing Thursday, describing how she is a “completely different person” post-Paris and, in some way, thankful for the experience.
- But the most surprising moment of the interview came when DeGeneres, who has the uncanny ability to make even the most tragic events the slightest bit funny, joked about how the robbers didn’t even know the star’s name.
- Held at gunpoint, the concierge obliged, bringing the robbers to Kardashian’s room to steal ― among other things ― her $4 million engagement ring.
Kardashian sat down for her first interview since the incident.
@cambio: Kim Kardashian gets emotional talking about Paris robbery with Ellen
Kim Kardashian’s robbery is heavy stuff. After thieves held her at gunpoint in Paris back in October, the reality TV star was left traumatized by the incident and retreated from the public eye for several months.
“I know it sounds crazy, but I know that was meant to happen to me,” the reality star said. “I don’t want to cry anymore. I really feel like things happen in your life to teach you things.”