- Those who do not live near the right bank lose out, either from ATM withdrawal charges or from a long trek to make a withdrawal.
- Many states issue their own pre-paid cards to dispense welfare payments.
- Pre-paid debit cards are growing in popularity as an alternative to bank accounts.
- The total refund can run into thousands of dollars, making it worth more than many families’ monthly pay cheque.
- Regulators have recently nudged banks away from issuing high-cost short-term loans secured against imminent tax refunds.
Why low-income Americans often have to pay more
@crypto_bitcoins: Its expensive to be poor #FinTech #crypto #bitcoin #cryptocurrency #btc #blockchain
Request unsuccessful. Incapsula incident ID: 480000120123993386-510480717409419465