- Walmart Canada to stop accepting Visa cards
- Canadian retailers have long complained about what they call the high interchange fees they pay credit card companies.
- Walmart Canada stores will stop accepting Visa cards, claiming the credit card provider charges merchants “unacceptably high” fees.
- Walmart has been unable to agree with Visa on an “acceptable fee,” and will no longer accept the company’s credit cards starting 18 July , it said in a statement.
- Unlike American Express, which typically negotiates a flat fee with every merchant, Visa and MasterCard have variable fees based on the status of their different cards.
Read the full article, click here.
@bustedflush_uk: “IMO Major retailers are not too far away from the mass adoption of #Bitcoin #BTC #VISA’s glory days are almost over”
Retailer claims credit card provider charges merchants ‘unacceptably high’ fees
Walmart Canada to stop accepting Visa cards