- Our I.T. guy had to go out for us and purchase bitcoins in order to pay,’ owner Andrew Ferguson said.
- Please note that comments are moderated and published according to our submission guidelines .
- 1 105 reading now Hillary Clinton ready to be Democratic nominee, Sanders not ready to concede
- “Our I.T. guy had to go out for us and purchase bitcoins in order to pay what these guys are demanding,” said Ferguson, who speculates they wanted the virtual money as it’s more difficult to trace.
- MORE CALGARY NEWS | Leonardo DiCaprio’s chinook climate change comments mocked by Alberta politicos on Twitter
Read the full article, click here.
@mcnulty_tara: “I wonder if it’s the same people?#calgaryU #hacked #bitcoin”
A Calgary liquor store has paid a ransom to regain access to its computers after hackers infected its database with a virus — and even got an unofficial receipt thanking it for its involuntary “purchase.”
Bitcoin ransom demanded by hackers of Calgary wine store