- The best way to prevent ransomware is to have a secure backup, which allows you to restore files without paying the ransom.
- [Ransomware] is an easy business to get into.
- The FBI advises against paying ransom, even small amounts like the Nascar team did.
- We’ve seen ransomware attacks from Europe, we’ve seen ransomware attacks from Asia and we’ve seen ransomware attacks from the United States,” Kleczynski said.
- Make sure that files are backed up regularly, and you should test those backups so that the first time you try your backup is not because of a ransomware event,” Bales said.
Read the full article, click here.
@TitleTechnology: “Holy bitcoin, they’ve locked up my computer”
Days before a big race, a Nascar team had its critical computer files held for ransom. The team is not alone, as thousands of victims have been reported.
Cybercriminals demand bitcoin ransom to unlock your computer