- Bitcoin plunged just over 23 per cent on Tuesday after the news broke.
- “The bitcoin was stolen from users’ segregated wallets,” he said.
- The volume stolen amounts to about 0.75 per cent of all bitcoin in circulation.
- Bitcoins worth $94M stolen in hack on Bitfinex exchange
- Zane Tackett, Director of Community & Product Development for Bitfinex, told Reuters on Wednesday that 119,756 bitcoin had been stolen from users’ accounts and that the exchange had not decided how to address customer losses.
Read the full article, click here.
@CBCNews: “Hackers steal $94M in bitcoin from exchange users’ accounts”
Nearly 120,000 units of digital currency bitcoin worth about $94 million were stolen from the exchange platform Bitfinex in Hong Kong, making it the second-biggest security breach ever of such an exchange.
Bitcoins worth $94M stolen in hack on Bitfinex exchange