- Hacker plans to give away stolen bitcoins, but Reddit users are suspicious
- One of the top comments suggested the hacker planned to post his or her own address, then transfer the stolen bitcoin to another account they control.
- A Reddit user claiming to be connected to the hackers that stole about $65 million in Bitcoin earlier this week announced a plan to give some of the ill-gotten cryptocurrency away to one “lucky” Reddit user.
- The hacker said any user who posted a digital address in the thread would be eligible to win.
- While other Reddit users suggested ways to randomize the giveaway to prevent laundering, others wondered whether the purported giveaway was actually a hoax.
Read the full article, click here.
@vicenews: “Hacker plans to give away stolen bitcoins, but Reddit users are suspicious”
The community questioned the Robin Hood scheme to donate $585,000 worth of stolen cryptocurrency, suggesting it could be an attempt to launder the money.
Hacker plans to give away stolen bitcoins, but Reddit users are suspicious