- There are still risks for users, even in case of abandoned or dormant accounts, which might still contain personal data that could be leveraged for other attacks.
- The same hacker who was selling the data of more than 164 million LinkedIn users last week now claims to have 360 million emails and passwords of MySpace users, which would be one of the largest leaks of passwords ever.
- If all the data comes from MySpace, this would be the largest breach of emails and passwords ever, topping the list on the data breach awareness site Have I Been Pwned .
- But Motherboard gave LeakedSource the email addresses of three staffers and two friends who had an account on the site to verify that the data was real.
- If the total numbers are accurate, this is one of the largest data thefts ever.
Read the full article, click here.
@lorenzoFB: “Hacker “Peace” just put the stolen data up for sale on the dark web for 6 bitcoin ($2,800)”
A hacker and a paid search engine for hacked data claim to have a massive database stolen from MySpace at some point in the last few years.
Hacker Tries To Sell 427 Milllion Stolen MySpace Passwords For $2,800