- Market data provided by Interactive Data .
- Powered and implemented by Interactive Data Managed Solutions News provided by The Associated Press.
- MIAMI – A South Florida judge has ruled that the virtual currency bitcoin is not the same as money when it comes to crimes like money laundering.
- The judge also determined Florida’s money laundering laws are too vague to apply to bitcoin.
- Prosecutors previously said Espinoza’s case was among the first nationally involving bitcoin and money laundering.
Read the full article, click here.
@GoldIRAExpert: “Florida judge says “Bitcoin NOT the same as money” in criminal case”
Judge in money laundering case ruled bitcoin wasn't like cash because it is not backed by a government or a bank
Florida judge: Bitcoin not same as money in criminal case