- The financial services industry can transform itself around blockchain technology, if it can find the leadership to do it.
- The smartest incumbents will use blockchain technology strategically, including permissionless systems to penetrate new markets like the unbanked and bring new services to market.
- Permissioned blockchains use distributed ledger technology without having a digital currency attached.
- Regulators might also prefer them over public blockchains, like the bitcoin blockchain, because they need not be anonymous or pseudonymous.
- (Read an excerpt of our book, Blockchain Revolution, .
Read the full article, click here.
@RyonHarms: “Five Myths About the Blockchain Revolution # via @HuffPostTech”
Blockchain technology is the most important invention in computing in a generation because, for the first time in human history, we have at our disposal a truly native digital medium for peer-to-peer value exchange. Blockchain, a vast global platform based on a distributed ledger, establishes the rules — in the form of computations and heavy duty encryption — that enable two or more parties to transact or do business without needing a third party to establish trust.
Five Myths About the Blockchain Revolution