- Smartphone tickets are being gradually introduced nationwide and will replace traditional train tickets within three years, according to rail bosses.
- Companies that sell train tickets need to sort out this problem fast and ensure adequate back-up systems are in place.”
- “It is unacceptable that passengers can only download their ticket once or are unable to transfer it to a paper ticket.
- Electronic train tickets are designed to reduce chaos at train stations – not create more Credit: Dan Kitwood
- The means mobile tickets which cannot be accessed at the time of travel become instantly worthless.
Read the full article, click here.
@dgwbirch: “Exposed: Major paperless train ticket flaw forcing passengers to pay twice <- surely the blockchain can help?”
Train companies have admitted a major flaw with new electronic tickets, which means customers have to pay again at the station if their phone experiences a technical problem or runs out of battery.
Exposed: Major paperless train ticket flaw forcing passengers to pay twice