- There are many blockchains, as companies are born with different needs from a distributed ledger than those of Bitcoin.
- The company has gone through some changes since it was launched in 2013 , and the blockchain now forms a core part of its offering.
- Bitcoin is starting to look less important than the engine that drives it – the blockchain.
- The blockchain was developed as a means of creating digital property without the need for a central authority keeping track of who owns what.
- Bitcoin was the first technology to use the blockchain, but the currency is now starting to look a bit like the steam pumping engines invented in the 17th century.
Read the full article, click here.
@Mind3Bitcoin: “Blockchain: the answer to life, the universe and everything?”
Bitcoin hasn’t lived up to the salvation rhetoric, but the digital engine behind the currency may be about to change the world
Blockchain: the answer to life, the universe and everything?