- The government has quietly launched a bold experiment using the technology behind the virtual currency Bitcoin – and, if anybody notices, it could prove hugely controversial.
- Image copyright Thinkstock Image caption The government says it will not use the app to keep a record of who spent what
- It seems there is also concern in Whitehall about the process by which this trial came to be approved.
- One recently departed member of the Government Digital Service told me of his amazement that this trial was being allowed to go ahead.
- But the worry now is that if the first trials go down the wrong path, then public trust in the technology could be irredeemably damaged.
Read the full article, click here.
@bitcoinagile: “#blockchain and benefits – a dangerous mix? – BBC News”
The UK government faces controversy over an app that tracks how benefit claimants spend their money.
Blockchain and benefits