- Bitfinex hack could shake faith in bitcoin
- Bitcoin prices have plunged on the news, going as low as $514 per bitcoin.
- The hack also illustrates one of the main problems with investing in bitcoin; issues with security.
- Key functions, such as trading and withdrawing bitcoins, are still disabled.
- In all, 119,756 bitcoins were reportedly stolen, worth $72.3 million at the price when Bitfinex suspended trade.
Read the full article, click here.
@betbybitcoins: “Bitfinex hack could shake faith in bitcoin – CNBC #bitcoin #fintech #btc #crypto”
The hack and cybertheft of nearly 120,000 bitcoins from the exchange platform Bitfinex could scare away future investors, experts warn.
Bitfinex hack could shake faith in bitcoin