- Genesis, for example, keeps cost down by remotely monitoring conditions in its mining farms and adjusting its fans and cooling .
- The mining keeps the whole system going.
- Bitcoin mining started out as a hobby for tech geeks using their home computers in the early years of the virtual currency, but has become more specialized as bitcoin usage expands.
- Bitcoin ‘miners’ face fight for survival as new supply halves
- The Icelandic authorities welcome the boost to the economy that the bitcoin miners have brought-Bitmain opened its farm after an approach by the Icelandic embassy in Beijing.
Read the full article, click here.
@CNBC: “Bitcoin supply gets cut in half, and ‘miners’ scramble to adjust”
Bitcoin’s rule dictates that supply is halved every 4 years to keep a lid on inflation. That means’mining’ companies must adjust to the profit hit.
Bitcoin supply gets cut in half, and ‘miners’ scramble to adjust