- Circle is set up so that its customers can hold their money in national currencies to avoid the volatile price of Bitcoin.
- The British government has pushed through its first licensing of a virtual currency company, underscoring its desire to make London a hub for the development of financial technology.
- It is the first time that a large global bank has agreed to work with a Bitcoin company, though Circle has attracted investments from others .
- And last year, Circle became the first company to get a so-called BitLicense from New York state’s top financial regulator, the Department of Financial Services.
- DealBook | Bitcoin Start-Up Gets an Electronic Money License in Britain
Read the full article, click here.
@yieldoppression: “Bitcoin Start-Up Gets an Electronic Money License in Britain -”
Britain’s top financial regulator has granted a license to Circle, a company based in Boston that will work with Barclays, the British bank.
Bitcoin Start-Up Gets an Electronic Money License in Britain