- It is claimed that most were never able to recoup the value of their initial investments, while a few made some profit.
- On occasion, a rogue exchange might shut down overnight and claim it was hacked, said Mr Howlett.
- Bitcoin scam charges made against companies in US
- “There are several high-profile Bitcoin exchanges I am aware of which appear to be Ponzi schemes,” he said.
- Since 2014, Mr Howlett’s firm has been contacted by more than 1,000 people affected by rogue exchanges and mining companies.
Read the full article, click here.
@eva_ewhite28: “Bitcoin scam charges made against companies in US”
Two US Bitcoin mining companies have been charged with running a scheme that duped more than 10,000 investors.
Bitcoin scam charges made against companies in US