- Australia to sell £8m of seized bitcoins
- Before 9 July, a regular reward of 25 bitcoins was handed out to those who were first to verify which coins had been spent.
- The financial reward for solving the puzzle also helps motivate people to stay involved.
- The financial rewards for being involved with the Bitcoin virtual currency have been halved.
- One bitcoin is now worth about £500 ($645), making the reward each time a block is added to the blockchain equal to about £6,244.
Read the full article, click here.
@tmrwhub: “#Bitcoin rewards halved every 4 years in attempt to prevent inflation, via @BBCWorld”
The financial rewards for people who help to verify who does what with their bitcoins have been halved.
Bitcoin rewards halve for virtual cash money miners