- The financial reward for solving the puzzle also helps motivate people to stay involved.
- The financial rewards for being involved with the Bitcoin virtual currency have been halved.
- Before 9 July, a regular reward of 25 bitcoins was handed out to those who were first to verify which coins had been spent.
- One bitcoin is now worth about £500 ($645), making the reward each time a block is added to the blockchain equal to about £6,244.
- The first halving event took place in 2012, when the reward for mining a block dropped from 50 bitcoins to 25.
Read the full article, click here.
@calestous: “#Bitcoin rewards cut by half for virtual cash money miners”
The financial rewards for people who help to verify who does what with their bitcoins have been halved.
Bitcoin rewards halve for virtual cash money miners