- Others think that a so-called fork within the bitcoin network could lead to innovation and, ultimately, strengthen the virtual coin.
- Since then, other versions have sprung up, including Bitcoin Classic and Bitcoin Unlimited.
- Powerful, expensive hardware is needed in order to generate bitcoins and process transactions.
- Bitcoin might be a virtual currency, but over the past few years, more brick-and-mortar businesses, such as this bar in Sydney, have begun accepting the currency.
- Bitcoin feud over expansion threatens to destabilize currency
Read the full article, click here.
@CloudCORA: “#Bitcoin feud over expansion is really a fight over its future
How many different online currencies ‘might’ evolve?”
Bitcoin, the cryptocurrency that has earned legions of fans and has often been touted as the future of money, is in danger of having no future at all if a rift within the peer-to-peer network that keeps the bitcoin system running cannot be resolved.
Bitcoin feud over expansion threatens to destabilize currency