- Apple is infamous for its iron-fisted control over which apps are made available for purchase on its App Store.
- According to an Apple spokesperson who spoke on background, the scammy apps have been removed from the App Store, and the company reviews and vets all of the apps that end up on the store.
- One big question that Apple isn’t answering right now is how these dangerous scams made it on to the App Store in the first place.
- Apps that appear legitimate but are actually scams set up to steal customers’ money are proliferating across Apple’s App Store, and the company is moving quickly to remove them before it turns into a PR disaster.
- UPDATE: An earlier version of this article had the headline “Money-Stealing Apps are Popping Up on the App Store.”
Read the full article, click here.
@bitcoinagile: “#bitcoin Company Says At Least $20K Stolen In App Store Scam”
Apple is playing whack-a-mole.
Bitcoin Company Says At Least $20K Stolen In App Store Scam