- The technology underlying the system is called the blockchain, and is enthusiastically advocated by libertarians.
- I’m always sceptical of claims that technology alone can transform society.
- In the programme Timandra and Leo investigate whether its ramifications could go much further than currency and reach into disrupting the roles of government, from providing identity documents to tax collection.
- Like all challenging ideas, the Blockchain brings contradictions.
- A system that’s secure without a higher authority, that’s distributed across many strangers’ computers, and tamper-proof, promises a mechanism for trust mediated directly between individuals.
Read the full article, click here.
@FINTECHCircle: “BBC Radio Documentary, The Blockchain #blockchain #fintech”
How could new technology change the nature of money and the role of government?
BBC Radio 4