- Hear 10 thrilling unreleased songs by the late, great Amy Winehouse.
- Amy Winehouse was a maelstrom of talent and trouble.
- Despite this, a number of high-quality tracks have surfaced on bootlegs and online over the years, lovingly shared by fans desperate for the album that never was.
- Ranked on a scale from 1 to 10, the trending score reflects the number of users reading a story in real time.
- Sign up for our newsletter to receive breaking news directly in your inbox.
From ‘Frank’ outtakes to a soulful Beatles cover, hear some of the late star’s most compelling rarities
@RollingStone: Amy Winehouse would have turned 33 today. Listen to these 10 incredible unreleased gems
DNCE Announce Self-Titled Debut Album Michael Stipe Posts Video in Support of Chelsea Manning Review: Usher Comes Clean on Brooding, Adventurous ‘Hard II Love’ Watch Mysterious Cheerleaders in Kings of Leon’s ‘Waste a Moment’ Video Tom Petty Fest 2016: 10 Best Things We Saw All Stories »
Amy Winehouse was a maelstrom of talent and trouble. She lived with a brash, unapologetic flair that earned her headlines, but the flashes of vulnerability in her music made her work truly timeless. Her 2011 death at age 27 has already taken on the quality of a tragic myth.
Winehouse’s immense musical legacy rests on just two albums issued during her lifetime, in addition to a handful of B sides, live recordings and guest vocal spots. Following the release of the posthumous rarities compilation Lioness: Hidden Treasures, label executives claimed the vaults were empty – having destroyed any further demos for her incomplete third record of original material. Despite this, a number of high-quality tracks have surfaced on bootlegs and online over the years, lovingly shared by fans desperate for the album that never was. In advance of the fifth anniversary of Winehouse’s passing, take a listen to a career-spanning selection of the singer’s unreleased gems.