- Since bitcoin addresses are anonymous, rekcahxfb could theoretically send the coins to an address they posted in the comments while pretending to be just another commenter hoping to win the lottery without any concrete link being drawn between the two.
- Rekcahxfb posted a message and cryptographic signature to go along with the bitcoin address in their post , and when checked against each other with a tool to verify bitcoin signatures, they returned a green “verified” notification.
- There main theory posited by skeptical commenters is that rekcahxfb, whoever they are, ultimately plans on sending the coins to themselves .
- Motherboard reached out to rekcahxfb and hasn’t received a response.
- Who rekcahxfb is, or why they want to give away coins now while pinning it on the Bitfinex hacker, is a mystery.
Read the full article, click here.
@motherboard: “A bizarre $60k bitcoin giveaway is most likely a twisted fake lottery”
“Please be my Robin Hood.”
A Bizarre $600K Bitcoin Giveaway Is Most Likely a Twisted Fake Lottery