- To learn more about the impact of Blockchain on businesses and industries, I spoke with Brett Colbert, Solutions CTO and Vice President of Enterprise Architecture at Salesforce.
- In this role of Solutions CTO, Colbert leads the customer-facing Salesforce Enterprise Architecture team which helps customers and prospects strategically transform their business systems.
- Colbert has been researching Blockchain for more than three years, leading customer implementations and collaborating with blockchain industry thought leaders.
- Examples of Blockchain use by Industry – The answer isn’t in the technology, but in how the technology can improve inefficient business processes.
- Here are a few examples of the opportunities that exist to improve processes in a variety of industries using Blockchain: – – This article was co-authored by Brett Colbert —- Solutions CTO, Vice President of Enterprise Architecture at Salesforce.
As with all major paradigm shifts, there will be winners and losers. But if we do this right, blockchain technology can usher in a halcyon age of …
Continue reading “Blockchain Will Disrupt Every Industry”
- REUTERS/Chris Helgren – – LONDON (Reuters) – Digital currency bitcoin rocketed above $7,000 for the first time ever on Thursday, after a more than sevenfold increase in its value since the start of the year.
- Bitcoin has seen eye-watering gains in recent months and has more than doubled in value in the past seven weeks alone (BTC=BTSP).
- The latest rally was driven by news earlier this week that the world’s largest derivatives exchange operator CME Group (CME.O) is to launch bitcoin futures.
- The price move takes bitcoin’s aggregate value, or “market cap” — its price multiplied by the number of bitcoins released into circulation — to more than $117 billion, according to industry website Coinmarketcap.
- The aggregate value of all cryptocurrencies is now at a record high of over $190 billion, the website said.
Digital currency bitcoin rocketed above $7,000 for the first time ever on Thursday, after a more than sevenfold increase in its value since the start of the year. The latest rally was driven by news earlier this week that the world’s largest derivatives exchange operator CME Group (CME.O) is to
Continue reading “Bitcoin skyrockets above $7,000 for first time ever”
- Ryan Lewis, the famed producer known for his talents alongside breakout musician and independent hip-hop artist, Macklemore, has lived a life in the limelight.
- From winning a Grammy for Best Rap Album of 2014, to being involved in handfuls of tangential creative endeavors and collaborative projects, Lewis has seemingly lived two lives: his own, and the perception created as a result—across news outlets, industry blogs, and social media channels, each telling his story from…
- Lewis, who has a track record of applying technology and an understanding of the role it can play in creating public conversations, saw this as an opportunity to answer that tough question: “What’s at the heart of what everyone is saying about a topic or a person online?”
- “As soon as this idea started to marinate, I began to form a team to move the vision forward,” said Lewis, talking about his deliberate shift from time spent on music to balance time in the tech scene.
- I couldn’t be more excited to be working with such talented team members bringing a huge vision to life,” said Lewis.
In today’s society, when something happens in the news or the public eye, where do you go?
You turn to the Internet.
However, the Internet it…
Continue reading “Why This 4-Time Grammy Award Winning Producer Is Launching An ICO”
- WASHINGTON ― Two days after the American Bar Association rated Leonard Steven Grasz “not qualified” to be a judge, the Senate Judiciary Committee held a confirmation hearing Wednesday for Grasz’s nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
- With Grasz sitting in front of the committee, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) read aloud passages from the ABA’s eight-page statement outlining why Grasz earned such a terrible and rarely designated rating by the nation’s premier legal society.
- The ABA interviewed several colleagues of Grasz, who was Nebraska’s chief deputy attorney general for 11 years, as part of its evaluation of his fitness to be a judge.
- , who recommended Grasz to Trump, told the Senate committee she was “shocked” by the ABA rating.
- Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who chairs the committee, said Wednesday that he invited ABA representatives to testify at a Nov. 15 hearing about their Grasz rating.
You’re the first Circuit Court nominee since 2006 to get this awful ABA rating? Yep, says Leonard Steven Grasz.
Continue reading “Trump Court Pick Rated ‘Not Qualified’ Sits Through Humiliating Senate Hearing”
- Image copyright – Getty Images – – – – – Image caption – – For the first time ever, Bitcoin has hit £5,000 in value – – – – The price of Bitcoin has surpassed £5,000 per coin – a new record.While it is a historic moment of sorts, Bitcoin…
- Its value was lower than $100 in June 2013, and below $1,000 as recently as January.But in August, the virtual currency soared to $3,451 after a spin-off – Bitcoin Cash – failed to prove as disruptive as had been feared.And in September, Bitcoin crossed the $5,000 threshold for the first…
- “It’s been a very innovative year – there have been a lot of new technology platforms for cryptocurrencies, which have lifted Bitcoin,” Garrick Hileman a research fellow at University of Cambridge told the BBC.
- “Coinbase – a business that lets the public trade and store digital currencies – reports that it is now signing up between 35,000 to 50,000 new users per day.Mr Hileman said that many people had recently been attracted to invest in Bitcoin because when a “fork” happened in August, investors…
- “Rising geopolitical tensions on the Korean Peninsula are also driving interest in Bitcoin in the surrounding countries, because people are wary of investing in the yen or the dollar,” Mr Hileman added.However, he continued, government regulators may crack down on cryptocurrencies, which could drive prices back down.
The price of Bitcoin has finally surpassed the £5,000 mark and set a new record.
Continue reading “Bitcoin tops £5,000 in value”
- More people will trade in Bitcoin and that means more demand, and thus the price should go up.
- The last factor makes Bitcoin appealing to criminals (although this is even more true of cash) creating this ingenious valuation method for the currency of around $570 .
- A much more plausible reason for the demand for Bitcoin is that the price is going up rapidly (see chart).
- People are buying Bitcoin because they expect other people to buy it from them at a higher price; the definition of the greater fool theory.
- If everyone tried to realise their Bitcoin wealth for millions, the market would dry up and the price would crash; that is what happened with the Mississippi and the contemporaneous South Sea bubbles.
PUT the word Bitcoin into Google and you get (in Britain, at least) four adverts at the top of the list: “Trade Bitcoin with no fees”, “Fastest Way to Buy Bitcoin”, “Where to Buy Bitcoins” and “Looking to Invest in Bitcoins”.
Continue reading “The bitcoin bubble”
- Near the large group, a 30-year-old white woman and a 37-year-old black man were sitting at a table.
- Several men from the large group started talking to them, another restaurant patron told HuffPost in a phone interview.
- They were just a group of men in black puffy jackets.
- But video from the incident shows a large group of white men brawling and a woman, with blood dripping down her face, pushed against the window of the sports bar.
- Authorities are looking for the man accused of punching her, described as a white man in his 30s wearing a black jacket and black jeans, according to an Oct. 29 statement from the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department that includes the woman’s account of the incident.
“We were afraid someone was going to be thrown through the window.”
Continue reading “A Black Man And A White Woman Sat Down At A Pub. Then The White Supremacists Showed Up.”