- Prankster alters Hollywood sign
- (CNN) The Hollywood sign got a little green over New Year’s.
- This is not the first time the Hollywood Sign became the Hollyweed Sign.
- “We believe the person came from behind the sign,” Garcia said.
- The “Hollyweed” sign remained up until around 11 a.m., when authorities took down the tarps used to change the lettering.
The Hollywood sign got a little green over New Year’s.
Continue reading “Hollywood sign vandalized to read ‘Hollyweed’”
- “Some companies are even giving cash to a middleman who physically gets on a plane.
- The company has seen interest from large multinationals.
- Considered the most well-known of a number of digital currencies, Bitcoin has seen increased interest in recent years in emerging markets such as East Africa.
- Interest in the digital currency is growing in emerging markets
- International money transfers can be costly and often go via payment corridors that zigzag the globe before reaching their destination — an inefficient and archaic method, says Rossiello.
Bitcoin start up BitPesa has launched a payment service which they hope will make it easier for African companies to do business with China.
Continue reading “Could a digital currency bring Africa closer to China?”
- As chief executive officer of Metro Bank, Craig Donaldson is responsible for providing executive leadership to the bank’s rapidly expanding business.
- The wave of fintech disruption that is sweeping through the financial services industry is at a critical phase.
- European Financial Management Association (EFMA) was founded in 1991 by Prof. John Doukas to encourage research and disseminate knowledge about financial decision making in all areas of finance as it relates to European corporations, financial institutions and capital markets.
- The wave of fintech disruption sweeping through the financial services industry is approaching a critical phase.
- As director of innovation, she was instrumental in building the innovation function, LBG Innovation Labs, and the digital people strategy.
The wave of fintech disruption sweeping through the financial services industry is approaching a critical phase. Finance Disrupted will explore what the digital revolution means for finance and the broader economy with
Continue reading “Finance Disrupted”
- When a miner finally comes up with a solution other nodes quickly check it (that’s the one-way street again: solving is hard but checking is easy), and each node that confirms the solution updates the blockchain .
- It is the concatenation that makes the blocks into a chain.
- The technology behind bitcoin could transform how the economy works
- And nodes always work on the longest version of the blockchain there is.
- As the proposal propagates over the network the various nodes check, by inspecting the ledger, whether Alice actually has the bitcoin she now wants to spend.
The technology behind bitcoin lets people who do not know or trust each other build a dependable ledger. This has implications far beyond the cryptocurrency
Continue reading “The technology behind bitcoin lets people who do not know or trust each other build a dependable ledger. This has implications far beyond the cryptocurrency”