- Brookner died in March, at the age of 87.
- Cunningham died in June at the age of 87.
- The Liverpool-born writer died in June, at the age of 90.
- To Kill a Mockingbird author Harper Lee died in February at the age of 89.
- The writer AA Gill was described as a “giant among journalists” by the Sunday Times editor when he died at the age of 62 in December.
The arts and media worlds have said goodbye to stars including Dame Zaha Hadid, Peter Maxwell Davies, Harper Lee and AA Gill, over the past year.
Continue reading “Arts and media stars we lost in 2016”
- Bitcoin followed up an impressive 26.3 percent gain in 2015 with a 119.8 percent gain in 2016.
- Recent predictions that the value of Bitcoin would skyrocket as Donald Trump takes over the presidency appear to be coming true.
- The total value of all bitcoins in circulation passed $14 billion on Thursday, as the web-based digital currency jumped 5 percent on the day to hit a record high.
- The price of one bitcoin reached $875 on the Europe-based Bitstamp exchange, its strongest level since January 2014.
- Bitcoin was introduced on 31 October 2008 to a cryptography mailing list, and released as open-source software in 2009.
The total value of all bitcoins in circulation passed $14 billion on Thursday, as the web-based digital currency jumped 5 percent on the day to hit a record high. The price of one bitcoin reached $875 on the Europe-based Bitstamp exchange, its strongest level since January 2014. Bitcoin followed up an impressive 26.3 percent gain in 2015 with a 119.8 percent gain in 2016.
Tech-savvy investors can buy bitcoin directly by downloading a Bitcoin Wallet app from Circle, Coinbase, Xapo or other popular services and simply linking their bank account to the app. In addition to these digital wallet apps, investors can buy shares of Bitcoin Investment Trust, which invests exclusively in bitcoin and trades on the OTC market.
Continue reading “Bitcoin’s total value passes $14 billion, a record high”
- Financial Services & Investing Overview
- Consumer Products & Retail Overview
- Heavy Industry & Manufacturing Overview
- Banks have a history of harassing centralized exchange platforms.
- The platform aims to establish itself as the largest Bitcoin exchange platform in other Asian and African countries.
VICTORIA, Seychelles, Dec. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Remitano P2P Bitcoin Exchange is Completely Independent from Traditional Banking Partners. Bitcoin P2P…
Continue reading “Remitano P2P Bitcoin Exchange is Completely Independent from Traditional Banking Partners”
- As platform capitalism develops, many of these digital communities will create their own internal currencies creating a Blockchain Circular Economy .
- The circular nature of this type of economy adds further value as the currency value increases proportionally with the amount of activity and value generated inside of it.
- In this type of economy, each activity of a marketplace consists of a “unit of work” and each of these units generates value for the marketplace.
- With the State largely removed and mostly self-employed workers determining not only the value of their work but also the value of the currency, the left would need a new type of framework to remain relevant.
- Climate change, new technologies, and the development of the knowledge-based economy are challenges that don’t fit the traditional, Marxist-based narrative of the left.
In reality, the left of the 21st century has failed to offer alternatives to a number of critical issues and doesn’t seem to be adapting to a rapidly changing society and economy. Climate change, new technologies, and the development of the knowledge-based economy are challenges that don’t fit the traditional, Marxist-based narrative of the left.
Continue reading “What Does The Left Have To Offer In Platform Capitalism? “
- Hockey player suspended for starting fight inside penalty box (Video)
- Marc-Andre Fleury made a save-of-the-year candidate in an unlikely spot.
- Playing their ninth game in 15 days, the Rangers were run over 7-2 by the Penguins in what was also their 35th game in 69 days, the fastest the team has reached 35 games in franchise history.
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes save of the year candidate vs. Devils (Video)
- The tradition evidently took a dark turn after a team dinner in late October.
Could 1 Bitcoin be worth more than 1 ounce of Gold? This could actually happen sooner than most people think.
Continue reading “How A Single Bitcoin Could Soon Be Worth More Than An Ounce of Gold”
- Blockchain will underpin our future energy system
- Blockchain technology can disrupt the energy system and boost energy democracy.
- Blockchain technology has the potential to make distributed grid management easier through “smart contracts”.
- Blockchain technology could also have a direct impact on grid management and storage, and play a central role in the rise of so-called “virtual power plants” – energy-generating resources connected across a smart grid but that aren’t necessarily concentrated in one central location.
- Blockchain is the technology behind the digital currency bitcoin.
Blockchain today might be like the internet in 1993: even though most of us don’t know what it is, a decade from now you will wonder how society ever fun…
Continue reading “Blockchain will underpin our future energy system”