- < Reply #256 on: November 08, 2016, 11:07:10 AM >
- Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.
BlockChain Technology | Press Review Thread | Top News Only
Continue reading “BlockChain Technology”
- Blockchain in the music industry is going viral like a hit song and propagates its magic from the artist to the music lover (and back).
- Some have begun to harness blockchain technology for the music industry.
- There is a serious lack of transparency in the music industry.
- Like any industry that is encumbered by inefficient intermediaries, the music industry will be disrupted by new developments in technology and governance.
- According to Benji Rogers , founder of Pledge Music
Almost 100 years later, musicians still must go through this archaic system of intermediaries developed before the advent of the internet, where the arti…
Continue reading “Could Blockchain Technology Help Starving Musicians?”
- Not surprisingly Zimbabwe also has a small but growing bitcoin community who see the value in an international decentralized digital currency.
- Due to a lack of food to feed the nation, a reduction in foreign investment, a deterioration in international trade relationships, and international sanctions Zimbabwe fell into a deep economic depression and its currency suffered hyperinflation.
- In 2015, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe officially discarded the Zimbabwean dollar and exchanged all cash holding on bank accounts into US dollars, with one US dollar being worth 35 quadrillion Zimbabwean dollars .
- The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) started issuing ‘bond notes’ on November 28, which have an official value pegged 1-to-1 with the US dollar.
- The government announced that the new “currency” will be launched partly because there are not enough US dollar notes circulating in the country.
Economist Philip Haslam believes Bitcoin is the answer to Zimbabwe’s ongoing currency crisis as the government announces ‘bond notes’ as tender.
Continue reading “The Death of Sovereign Fiat in Zimbabwe”
- Success in creating AI could be the biggest event in the history of our civilisation.”
- Stephen Hawking: AI will be ‘either best or worst thing’ for humanity
- AI is hugely exciting,” she said, “but it has limitations, which present grave dangers given uncritical use.
- The academic community is not alone in warning about the potential dangers of AI as well as the potential benefits.
- Professor praises creation of Cambridge University institute to study future of artificial intelligence
Professor praises creation of Cambridge University institute to study future of artificial intelligence
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking: AI will be ‘either best or worst thing’ for humanity”
- Paxos also announced a collaboration with EY on similar blockchain settlement initiatives.
- Paxos Appoints Former NYSE CEO Duncan L. Niederauer to Board of Directors
- “I’m delighted to join the Paxos Board of Directors during a time of evolution within capital markets.
- NEW YORK , Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Paxos ™ , a financial technology company delivering revolutionary blockchain solutions for global financial institutions, today announced the appointment of Duncan L. Niederauer, the former Chief Executive Officer of The New York Stock Exchange, to the company’s Board of Directors.
- Its flagship service is Bankchain ™ , a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets.
NEW YORK, Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Paxos™, a financial technology company delivering revolutionary blockchain solutions for global financial institutions, today announced the appointment of Duncan L. Niederauer, the former Chief Executive Officer of The New York Stock Exchange, to the company’
Continue reading “Paxos Appoints Former NYSE CEO Duncan L. Niederauer to Board of Directors”
- On the video, the man walks calmly through crowds on West 48th Street, as calmly as a man can walk while lugging a very heavy and perhaps very valuable bucket that does not belong to him.
- But because the bucket is very heavy, the man keeps walking.
- Because the bucket is very heavy, the man walks slowly and pauses often.
- The bucket was left unattended when a guard went to the truck’s cab for a moment, the police said, and the man probably did not know what was in it.
- At Third Avenue and 48th Street, the police said, the man disappears.
The New York City police are seeking a man who grabbed a bucket off the back of a momentarily unattended armored truck in broad daylight and fled, very slowly, with $1.6 million worth of gold flakes.
Continue reading “No Rainbow, but Thief Finds a Bucket of Gold on West 48th Street”
- Claire Sunderland Hay said the Bank of England is working on ways to alert banks and other finance firms about cyberattacks in real time
- “Fintech is the opportunity to build European champions, which banks have not managed in 300 years.
- Anthony Olsen from money transfer firm Remitly said he is particularly worried that firms licensed in the UK will lose their EU passporting rights to do business across the bloc.
- Officials are getting financial technology (fintech) firms into Threadneedle Street to work on ways to use new systems to combat fraud.
- Bank of England recruits fintech firms to ramp up cybersecurity drive
The Bank of England is working on new ways to warn banks and other finance firms about cyberattacks in real time, so the City of London can put its defences on full alert against online fraudsters and saboteurs, the central bank’s top fintech executive has revealed.
Continue reading “Bank of England recruits fintech firms to ramp up cybersecurity drive “