- With halving suddenly making the act of validating blocks far less lucrative, a lot of smaller participants will drop out concentrating power in the larger miners.
- Proof of Work has been one of the defining characteristics of digital currencies, but this way of mining is arguably outdated and largely unnecessary.
- Proof of Stake requires far less computation power, which means lower hardware costs and lower electricity costs.
- The halving mechanism is more detrimental to a currency that operates solely using a Proof of Work system, like Bitcoin; primarily it increases Proof of Work’s vulnerability.
- The halving mechanism is part of the mechanics of cryptocurrencies, designed to act as an inflationary brake to stabilise the currency.
Last month a major event happened in the cryptocurrency community: Bitcoin’s block reward halved for the second time in its history. The halving event or…
Continue reading “Bitcoin… You Haven’t Heard The Half Of It”
- There are many blockchains, as companies are born with different needs from a distributed ledger than those of Bitcoin.
- The company has gone through some changes since it was launched in 2013 , and the blockchain now forms a core part of its offering.
- Bitcoin is starting to look less important than the engine that drives it – the blockchain.
- The blockchain was developed as a means of creating digital property without the need for a central authority keeping track of who owns what.
- Bitcoin was the first technology to use the blockchain, but the currency is now starting to look a bit like the steam pumping engines invented in the 17th century.
Bitcoin hasn’t lived up to the salvation rhetoric, but the digital engine behind the currency may be about to change the world
Continue reading “Blockchain: the answer to life, the universe and everything?”
- Bitcoin has successfully made a scene in the online gaming industry
- With the inception of Bitcoin, the online gaming industry eventually experienced the promising market for Bitcoin gambling.
- Transaction fees are zero, if not zero, then negligible as compared to the fees that you’re familiar with in the online gaming industry.
- The future success of Bitcoin is pretty imminent but that doesn’t mean that Bitcoin technologies can only guarantee it.
- Valid reasons behind operators using Bitcoin
Bitcoin has been enjoying a preposterous and an unbelievable journey sinc…
Continue reading “The Rise Of Bitcoin And Its Influence On Online Gaming”
- The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- See all podcasts for Newshour Extra
- Added, go to My Music to see full list.
- Read about our approach to external linking.
How far are we from a truly cashless society?
Continue reading “BBC World Service”
- Watch Justin Bieber Cover Tracy Chapman & Tupac for Live Lounge
- Bieber hits BBC Radio 1 to take on his favorite tunes
- Justin Bieber may be living the fast life, but sometimes, he just likes to slow down.
- When he hit up BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge, he covered Chapman, along with Tupac ‘s “Thugz Mansion.”
- When visiting New York City you got to see a Broadway play and Dinah of Fifth Harmony did just that!
Watch Justin Bieber cover Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car” and Tupac’s “Thugz Mansion” at BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge.
Continue reading “Watch Justin Bieber Cover Tracy Chapman & Tupac at BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge”
- With the blockchain, Estonia is bringing worldwide residents to them virtually, and increasing their government revenues .
- Government services are one of the most obvious and immediate application areas for the blockchain.
- The government of South Korea has come out in support of the blockchain as a priority and encouraging the banks to create projects around it.
- Let’s hope the Canadian public sector starts putting the blockchain on their agenda, so we can see a significant difference in how government services are delivered.
- In Singapore, the government has turned to blockchain to prevent traders from defrauding banks.
Government services are one of the most obvious and immediate application areas for the blockchain. Several governments around the world are already work…
Continue reading “The Blockchain is Perfect for Government Services, but Where is Canada?”